We have moved to a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- Available 08:30 Monday till 17:00 Friday and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- We will get back to you during our service hours of 0830 to 1800hrs Monday to Friday. However between the hours of 1730 to 1800 all contacts are triaged by an on call doctor and routine requests may be dealt with on the following day.
- You can request a particular doctor (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you an appointment the same day
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, arrange to see you the same day or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward! We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, examination or procedure where they feel one is required. This chaperone may be a family member or friend. On occasions you may prefer a formal chaperone to be present, i.e. a trained member of staff.
Wherever possible we would ask you to make this request at the time of booking appointment so that arrangements can be made and your appointment is not delayed in any way.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.