COVID Vaccine COHORT 6 Eligibility: please see here for the list of clinical risk groups which are included in Cohort 6
Maintain Hands, Face, Space
It is important, even after people have received their vaccination(s), to follow the
COVID-19 If you think you have symptoms (either high temperature or a new, continuous cough or loss/change to sense of smell or taste) of Coronavirus, would like further information about the Covid-19 Vaccination and more... visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
If you are interested in volunteering with the Covid-19 Vaccination project, please contact: Elaine Ellis on 01638 741234 or email: email@example.com Thank you.
WARNING: COVID-19 Vaccination Text Message Scam
Please be aware that there are currently scam text messages circulating saying that you are "now eligible to apply for your vaccine" and they give you a link to a web page which then asks for bank card details to prove your identity. This message is not genuine. You will never be asked for any money or bank details to get your COVID vaccination as it is being provided free of charge.
We are asking all visitors to wear a face covering. The face covering MUST cover your nose and mouth; ideally the bottom part of the covering should sit under your chin. If there is any reason why you are not able to wear a face covering, please inform the Receptionist on arrival.
Ely PCNs Covid Vaccination Weekly Update - 25 Feb 2021
Last week was another quiet one due to a small delivery. However, things are picking up again now and we have lots of vaccination clinics over the next couple of weeks and beyond.
Here are our latest stats:
• 17,000 vaccines given so far from 15th Dec 2020 to 21st Feb 2021
• Cohort 1 (Care homes): 100% of all our consenting care home residents have been vaccinated
• Cohort 2 (Over 80s): all invited, and approx. 96% vaccinated
• Cohort 3 (Over 75s): all invited, approx. 96% vaccinated
• Cohort 4 (Over 70s and clinical extremely vulnerable): all invited, approx. 68% vaccinated (down from 92% purely due to the recent expansion of this cohort - you'll have received a letter if this affects you)
• Cohort 5 (Over 65): 79% vaccinated; invitations sent out from mass vaccination sites
• Cohort 6 (16-64 with underlying conditions): 18% vaccinated, SMS invitations being sent out in batches
Anyone from Cohorts 1-4 who has not yet managed to book an appointment, particularly patients newly assigned to Cohort 4, please call your surgery for assistance.
Patients from Cohorts 5 and 6, please wait to hear from us, either via SMS or phone call. Cohort 6 is especially large, so we are sending invites out in phases.
We are vaccinating as quickly as we can based on the deliveries we are allocated. Over the next two weeks we will deliver over 7000 vaccinations, including starting to give second doses where the appropriate time has lapsed. We are optimistic that this pace of vaccine delivery will continue, and that we will get to you soon if you haven't heard from us yet. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding as we work through patient lists to get you all vaccinated as quickly as possible. Big thanks also to our regular patients for bearing with any changes we need to make to regular service while vaccination clinics are running. Our staff and volunteers are equally as committed to ensuring you receive the same quality of care, so your cooperation with them is greatly appreciated.
It continues to be such an inspiration for everyone involved to be working together on this amazing effort - so enormous thanks once again to all who have offered their time, their words of encouragement, their many kindnesses and their lovely food to keep everyone going (last week the Lemon Tree).
Thanks again to all of you for your support and community spirit.
Ely PCNs Covid Vaccination Weekly Update - 17 Feb 2021
Last week was slightly quieter due to the bad-weather clinic cancellation. However, we are delighted to report that, over 95% of everyone in cohorts 1-4 are now vaccinated 🎉
Here are our latest stats:
- 16,500 vaccines given so far from 15th Dec 2020 to 14th Feb 2021
- Cohort 1 (care homes) : 100% of all our consenting care home residents have been vaccinated
- Cohort 2 (Over 80s): all invited, and approx. 96% vaccinated.
- Cohort 3 (Over 75s): all invited, approx 96% vaccinated.
- Cohort 4 (Over 70 and clinical extremely vulnerable): all invited, approx 92% vaccinated.
- Cohort 5 (Over 65): 79% vaccinated; outstanding invitations to be sent out this week from mass vaccination sites
Anyone from Cohorts 1-4 who has not yet managed to book an appointment: please call your surgery for assistance. We have tried to reach everyone multiple times, but may still not have been able to get through. If you would like to be vaccinated, we will make sure that you are.
As has been reported in the news, we are now moving on to planning clinics out to the end of February. The key points here are:
- Patients in cohort 5 should be receiving letters from NHS England this week, and can use the link provided in the letter to book an appointment at a mass vaccination site if preferred; we will also be offering appointments as they come available.
- We are now inviting patients from cohort 6. This is a very large cohort, and vaccine supply nationally is limiting the number of appointments currently available. We will be sending invites out in batches to minimise the risk of disappointment. Please wait until you are contacted via SMS or phone call for an appointment - thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
As ever, we would like to express our deepest thanks and gratitude to all of our wonderful volunteers and staff from all six practices who together are rising to this immense challenge. So far, 300 people have together clocked up a MASSIVE 5250 hours to vaccinate our local community - just amazing! Thank you all so much!
DISPENSARY: Due to staff shortages and a significant increase in medication requests, we have had to review our processing time. With immediate effect, please allow 3 working days (excluding Bank Holidays) when requesting your repeat medication. Please contact us via askmyGP if you foresee any problems. We do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you. 19th January 2021
8 741234 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
AskmyGP is a online system which improves accessibility to GPs and is flexible for patients too.
* It is the easiest and fastest way to ask for help from a doctor
* All our registered patients are invited to use the new system, and as a parent or carer you can use askmyGP on behalf of a patient
* We respond in working hours, 8.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
* You can choose a particular named GP if you wish (so long as they are working that day)
* You can choose how you would like the surgery to respond to you, eg by phone or email
* You can login straightaway, without any paperwork.
Psychological Impact of COVID-19
REC reference: 20/HRA/1934
Version 1.1 29Oct20
Researchers from a collaboration group would like to invite you to take part in a short questionnaire exploring the psychological impact of the coronavirus, its effect on our emotions, behaviour and wellbeing. This is the second phase of recruitment. If you took part in the first phase of the study, you are still able to take part in this second phase, conversely if you did not take part in first phase; you are still able to take part in this second phase
The aim of this survey is to better understand how the coronavirus pandemic and resultant restrictions/lockdown are affecting our day to day lifestyle. We hope to find out what is helpful for people during this time and also what may be causing some people to be affected more than others in terms of their wellbeing.
Anyone over the age of 16 with access to be able to complete this online questionnaire can take part.
It is up to you to decide whether to take part or not. You are free to withdraw from the study at any time, without giving a reason and without consequence. This survey is completely voluntary and you can stop completing it at any time. You also do not have to answer any questions you don’t want to, you can just skip them.
Want to find out more? Just click on this link: https://southernhealthnhs.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8H6lIPRGKm4kp93
Download our practice leaflet
(Site updated 26/02/2021)